Acupuncture is an ancient form of Chinese medicine involving the insertion of ultra-fine needles into specific points of the skin. These points of energy are located along 14 Meridians or Channels that cover the entire body.
Acupuncture is used to encourage natural healing, improve mood and energy, reduce or relieve pain and improve function of affected areas of the body. It is safe and effective and is often successfully used as an alternative to medications or even surgery. Relief is often obtained with acupuncture when traditional medical therapy has failed.
Dr. Jennifer Nelson’s extensive training in acupuncture means there is a long and varied list of conditions that can be treated, including:
- nausea induced by chemotherapy
- dental pain, pain or arthritis
- headaches and migraines
- irregular periods, menstrual cramps and PMS
- morning sickness and labour pain
- weight loss
- digestive problems
- prostate problems
- stress, depression or fatigue
- meniere’s disease
- lower back pain and neck pain
- immune system boosting or auto-immune disorder
- skin conditions